WW Caribbean Chicken

25 Jun 2013

I have to admit that post marathon I have been a bit slack with the fitness and health routine! In fairness I have been on holiday for two weeks, and definitely think a well deserved rest was in order after all that training!!

However it has come to my attention that tomorrow marks a month since the marathon! and subsequently also a month since I had run anywhere! I love running so this is just ridiculous and needed to be sorted!!

First five miler last night and it's fair to say it did not got well! For some reason I can no longer turn my neck without a lot of pain!! Good work so far! 

As running home was now off the table this evening - I thought I better kick start my new healthy regime with a healthier diet to make up for lack of exercise! I've been meaning to try this Carribean Chicken recipe from the Weight Watchers Cookbook for a while now so it seemed liked the perfect night to test it out!

*I added some sweetcorn, but without this it came in at only 8 pro points per serving


Ingredients for 2

1tsps Olive Oil
Calorie Controlled Cooking Spray
250g Chicken Breast
300g Sweet Potatoes
1 Garlic Clove
1/2 red chilli, deseeded
1 Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 Banana
4 Pineapple rings in natural juice
1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
Sweetcorn
Salt/Pepper



the main ingredients:








fresh and healthy




Start by preheating the oven to 180C (fan). Next peel the sweet potato and cut into wedges






Place on  a baking tray and coat with the olive oil.
Cook in the oven for approx 30 minutes.





Meanwhile put the garlic, chilli and chicken into a large frying pan,using the calorie controlled cooking spray to lightly grease the surface first.

Once the chicken is cooked through, add the sliced pepper and red onion, and cook for another 5 minutes.





Prepare the rest of the ingredients





And then just whack them all in the pan - the pineapple, cherry tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, sweetcorn and banana - and simmer for 10 minutes

Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and  either serve on the side or combine with the rest of the mixture.








and serve up








Post a Comment