Shard Up

19 Jul 2013


In January I received a gift ticket for a trip up the newly finished Shard. I have been waiting for a sunny day ever since!

This week seemed perfect. The sun has been resplendent for two weeks now. I triple checked the forecast and reserved my spot for a perfectly timed sunset.

Things didn't quite go to plan...

At 8pm sharp London's clear blue skyline grew hazy and sammy sun got camera shy behind the clouds. Ah well not quite the picturesque  golden pink skys I'd been hoping for but still  one of the best views I've had of London to date.







She stretches 308 metres and 72 storeys up into the sky, making her the tallest building in Europe....for now at least





Looking West





and East









The top platform is open to the sky and represents the 'shard of ice' it is based on















St  Pauls' looks small from up here













As I waited for the sun to set I perched on the edge to experience the view down






and waved hello to passers by






It's as high as the moon






London suddenly transformed as the lights went out...





















i heart london














people still working hard in the lit up offices...







The moon is well and truly out so better get home before he disappears.





Night Night London!

Post a Comment